Fortunately, I won this game from this site, and guys, I really appreciate it, I do. But the game isn't really my cup of tea.
It's a radical departure from the Original Yars' Revenge - basically, it's an on-rails shooter. Bullet points follow.
• The graphics are gorgeous. The wife actually asked me what I was playing because it looked good.
• Standard shooter guns: regular gun, missiles, BFG. The game doesn’t call them that, of course.
• Left stick for movement, right stick for aiming. Simple enough. Aiming feels sluggish, though.
• Has comic-type cut scenes in between (no audio dialogue, just subtitles) – and some subtitle dialogue in-game which I never get to read because I’m to busy shooting and dodging. Decent story, I guess.
• Thankfully, there is two player local co-op.
•Also, it has avatar awards — classic Yars’ T-shirt.
And after all that, it can’t quite hold my attention — after a couple of minutes or so, I find myself looking for something else to play.