The overview on the XBL marketplace really got me. Avatar awards, premium theme and extra levels of 'Splosion Man.
But the game is pretty good even without those bonuses. Key points in bullet form:
▪ It’s a platformer/shooter and it’s pretty good at being one.
▪ Mostly, it’s a sidescroller. Some sections are done in on-rails, 3rd person, plus a few quicktime events.
▪ Limited character improvement unlocks. Barely noticed the supposed improvement.
▪ The graphics are pretty good, and they change with the comic book eras that Captain Smiley visits. The Silver Age level is a personal favorite.
▪ The dialogue and voice acting = awesome!
▪ The story = funny + entertaining. Not very deep, but fun nonetheless.
▪ There are tons of fun unlockables. Don’t watch the interview with Captain Smiley’s voice actor while drinking. Seriously.
▪ There is no fourth wall in this game.
▪ Also, there is no co-op mode in this game. Too bad.
This was a steal when it was 50% off, and it still worth it the 800 MSP it is now.