Review Detail

DeathSpank: Thongs Of Virtue

DeathSpank: Thongs Of Virtue 2010-10-05 16:47:34 jigsawhc
Overall Fun Level 

jigsawhc Reviewed by jigsawhc    October 05, 2010
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews

More DeathSpank Fun!

I loved DeathSpank TOV for all of the same reasons the first one was great. It is truly funny start to finish and there is plenty of loot to go around. This time DeathSpank gets to a more modern time and progress from crossbows to guns, grenades and bazookas. There are still tons of swords, hammers and axes to go around as well. Frankly, if you liked DeathSpank then TOV will be just as fun because it is more of the same greatness.

My only complaint about DeathSpank TOV is that there are a couple achievements you can easily miss and because of how the save system works you cannot easily go back and retry. You instead have to replay over half of the game to get them. That is really annoying and lame.

The DLC that released with the game (which was free the first week) is pretty fun too. The $3 DLC, The Snowy Mountain Dungeon, is a little short for the cost but since I got it free I can’t complain. I enjoyed it but I also beat it the first try in 15 or 20 minutes without too much trouble. It was a funny side quest with some great loot. The other DLC is a co-op character so unless you are playing with a friend don’t bother picking it up since you’ll never see him. Getting it free was nice but I never actually saw him since I played solo.

Overall I’d highly recommend DeathSpank TOV. I would have given it a 10 like the first one, but I’m still pretty frustrated about those two achievements so I gave it a 9 instead. A 9.5 would probably be fairer.

Was this review helpful to you? 
Report this review

Comments

To write a comment please register or log in.

Top Arcade Games

Phantom Breaker:Battle Grounds
User rating

10.0 (1)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
User rating

10.0 (1)
Retro City Rampage
User rating

9.5 (2)
Sanctum 2
User rating