Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/xblarate/public_html/modules/mod_roknewsflash/helper.php on line 112

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/xblarate/public_html/modules/mod_roknewsflash/helper.php on line 112

Review Detail

Castle Crashers

Castle Crashers 2008-12-10 07:28:15 carpwrist
Overall Fun Level 

Reviewed by carpwrist    December 09, 2008

ok

I was initially impressed with Castle Crashers. Like everyone else, I was a fan of the game before it even came out. I can safely say that after beating the game with my Gray Knight, the illusion has worn off. What struck me was the obvious bug that even I succumbed to when I showed it off to a friend, losing my level 37 knight, all the animal orbs, and most of the weapons. That was a sad day.

What really gets to me is that this game has less impressive features than Gauntlet Live, a XBLA title ready at launch. Arena mode is plagued with people who exploit those infinite air combos. There are so many good beat-em-ups, that with Castle Crashers' art style, it was easy for people to put this game at the top of their list.

Despite it's flaws, I'm looking forward to the patch and hope Behemoth throws in some extras for those of us that spent the $20 on it.

Was this review helpful to you? 
Report this review

Comments

To write a comment please register or log in.

Top Arcade Games

Phantom Breaker:Battle Grounds
User rating

10.0 (1)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
User rating

10.0 (1)
Child of Light
User rating

10.0 (1)
Retro City Rampage
User rating